Re: Before some wit says it...

At 08:20 PM 6/29/00 -0400, Keith wrote:

>I would not consider myself eligible for compensation for prints done on the
>current Premium Glossy paper, if I were to buy a 1270...
>
>I've had MORE than sufficient notice..

Thereby demonstrating some of the "power" of a list
such as this.

But take it one step further.  The problem with the
x70 printer(s) is compounded by the smart cartriges,
in that you are quite dependent on Epson for ink --
at least for the time being.

One alternative is to go with almost any other
Epson model, where you have choices of 3rd party
inks, and continuous-ink systems.  This is no
guarantee of "archival" results, but choice is
generally a good thing, in my book.

Consider also that the very, very fine dot-sizes
produced by the x70 heads might preclude the use
of some existing inksets, particularly pigment inks.

rafe b.

-
* Epson Inkjet Replacement CARTS at bulk ink prices! (Well, almost.) *
* Convenience, Quality and Reliability at 1/3 to 1/2 Epson's prices! *
** INKJETART.COM * http://www.inkjetart.com/ink.html * 800-777-2076 **