Re: EPSON SERVICE: An Anecdotal Account

At 12:47 AM 6/28/00 -0800, you wrote:

>The next day I tried again and got a tech rep who knew a bit more.  He
said that if there's
>anything sandwiched on the glass between the reflective base and the TU in
the area of the
>white balance test, the scan will hang.

>The tech guy said he gets at least one call on this a week.  So it isn't a
really big problem.

As you say, it is was a really big problem for you. If this is a repeatable
problem at his level than others are wasting there time & money (long
distance phone calls) trying to solve this same problem. Why are these
repeatable issues not put into a fac file or at least put into a file that
1st level tech support has. Also the cost of all that shipping & repairing
that was done on your unit is passes on to consumers. It doesn't seem a
very efficient way to run tech support.

Just my humble opintion.
Jan
-