RE: re[2]: software to print multiple pictures per page

> A good way to connect to the epson
> printer is through your ethernet net card connection, this is faster than
> parellel connection and cuts down your cpu usage greatly.

I do not believe this is true on either account (it is not faster, nor does
it cut down on CPU usage).  You are limited by the speed of the printer,
not by the method you are connecting to it, unless the printer is serial
(well, technically Ethernet is serial, but that's not the serial I am
referring to).

As far as CPU overhead, the same data has to go out to the parallel port,
as  goes out the Ethernet connection...but the Ethernet connection has
software overhead running the TCP/IP protocol.  The parallel connection is
interrupt driven, which means when the CPU is not used until more data is
requested by the printer.  This is the same for Ethernet, the printer
buffer is the same size, whether it is connected via parallel or Ethernet.

Have you done any actual tests, that you can describe so someone else could
test your claims?

-