Re: Ozone and the orange shift--more disgusting every day

In a message dated 6/27/2000 11:41:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mgreer942@yahoo.com writes:

> t also disgusts me when people want to torch a company
>  without realizing that that company has almost single handedly freed
>  photographers from depending on labs. We may not be there yet. But we are
so
>  close. I for one appreciate the fact that Epson saw a market niche and went
>  after it open throttle. HP could have done it, but they viewed the
> photographic
>  printing market as too narrow for their interests. Epson went for it and
we'
> ve
>  all benefited because of that decision whether you want to acknowledge it
or
>  not.

Thanks Mike
Lets take a look at the positive side.  With the 1270 printer we can make
prints on mat paper that have significant longevity.  I haven't heard any
adverse reports about mat prints, and hopefully it will stay that way.  Epson
tried but failed to do the same with gloss paper.  I can only hope that Epson
is hiring a bunch of technical people to work on the technical problems with
gloss paper.  Would be a shame if they cut back on technical salaries to hire
lawyers to defend against lawsuits.  We need problem solvers not lawyers.
Epson seems to be trying to develop what we want.  They just didn't get
everything on the first try.
-