RE: Epson's Version of PS 5.0 LE

<x-flowed>Mike Greer
>  If I were a betting man, I'd say that the
>majority of Photoshop full version users would not even know the difference if
gremlins snuck into their computers and switched full version for LE.

You'd certainly know whether you had the full version or not if you
are making web pages. Being able to edit text is very important for
one thing. The full version puts text on a separate layer which you
can double click to bring up the editing window.  The full version
allows you to work with eps files. You can place and scale eps
graphics and Illustrator files (at least until version 9). I use the
adjustment layer quite a bit and also the history palette. Then there
is Save for Web and ImageReady.  And also the layer effects which are
are drop shadows, glows, and bevel/emboss.  I imagine Phototools
works with Phtoshop LE so it would be possible to do some of these
effects without the full version but with the plug-ins.  I use both
the layer effects and the plug ins.
--
Joyce Deckler
jpdeck@dallas.net