Re: Help!!!!!!!!! Epson Stylus Photo 1200

Hendrik, this happens to me with my older Epson 1520 as well.  During the
winter months, it's only a problem if I am printing for several hours on end.
 During the rest of the year, it happens after a few prints unless I keep the
air conditioning such that the ambient temperature is below 70 degrees F.
Regular, thorough cleaning, especially when this problem occurs helps a
little, letting me run one or two clean prints, but the "smearies" soon
return.  While this older 1520 was still under warranty, I returned it to
Epson for service on this issue, supplying sample prints.  They tried... when
the printer came back, it looked like it had been steam-cleaned, and they'd
run several clean prints as their "proof."  But as soon as our weather warmed
up, the problem returned.  Ultimately I think this is an atmospheric problem
related to heat and possibly humidity, and that it might crop up especially
with printers that get a ton of use.  At least, it seems so in my case.  Try
cleaning your 1200 thoroughly (get out the cotton swabs and the windex!), and
see if you can lower the temperature in the room... any improvements?

Best regards,

Deborah Campbell
http://www.scratchpadstudio.com

In a message dated 06/26/2000 12:42:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time,