Re: OT: Fine Films (was Sample of Acer Scanwit...)

<x-charset ISO-8859-1>> From: rafeb

> If there are better
> ISO 100 negative films out there, I'm all ears.

At PhotoPlus West, Kodak was handing out samples of their new Supra (color
neg.) film.  They only had the 400 ISO to give out, and I haven't tested it
yet.  It comes in 100 and 800 as well.  I would like to see the 100.

According to Kodak:

KODAK PROFESSIONAL SUPRA 100 Film features extremely fine grain and
excellent sharpness, allowing for a high degree of enlargement. This film is
an excellent choice for fashion, landscape, nature, product, lifestyle, and
medical photography.

SUPRA Films are designed to be push-processed, scanned and enlarged, and
feature a vibrant color palette. These characteristics make SUPRA Films the
ideal choice for commercial applications such as photojournalism, stock, and
fashion photography.

KODAK PROFESSIONAL EKTAPRESS PJ100, PJ400, and PJ800 Films will be
discontinued. The new SUPRA Films provide substantial grain, sharpness, and
skin-tone reproduction improvements over the EKTAPRESS Films.

*    Enhanced Cubic Grain Technologies

*    Unsurpassed in fineness of grain in this speed class

*    Aspect Ratio Optimized T-GRAIN Emulsions

*    Exceptional sharpness

*    Capture precise outlines and fine detail

*    DIR, DIAR, Solid Particle Filter Dye, and Interlayer Technologies

*    Bold, dynamic, yet true-to-life colors

Enjoy,
David Corwin

-

</x-charset>