Re: Why 1200 vs. 1270

> > Over the past couple of days, since I joined the list I have seen several requests for information as to where to purchase a 1200. Why would someone want a 1200 over a 1270 other than for the fact that aftermarket ink's are available for the 1200?

That is PRECISELY the reason you would want the 1200 instead of the
1270.

Also, the 1270 has MAJOR problems with prints turning orange within days.

J.
> > I am considering the replacement of my 1200 with a 1270. My understanding is that it will produce a more detailed image and prints faster and quieter. Also with the new Ink and Premium Glossy Photo Paper, will not only produce a waterproof print but a 10 year+ lightfastness.

But it will be orange in a few days.

> > I have tested the new Premium Glossy Photo Paper using epson ink with my 1200 and did the water test and found the Epson claim to be true in that regard.
> >
> > Am I missing something?

Yes. Archival Pigmented inks, and a CIS system, which make the 1200 MUCH
more desirable than the 1270 in my humble opinion.

-
*    WIN a $500 Gift Certificate in our Father's Day Photo Contest!      *
*          http://www.pcphotoreview.com/go.cfm?ref=lebenpr               *
* Shop smart! Read product reviews of photo printers and digital cameras *