Re: Bruce RGB/Adobe RGB

In a message dated 6/15/00 1:41:02 PM, louie39a@hotmail.com writes:

>The closest monitor to print match that I have have accomplished is using
>
>Bruce RGB. When I use Adobe RGB I get a green tint to my prints.

It is not unusual to get a green tinge with WiziWYG profiles, viewed under
proofing lights (its not as obvious under incandescent light). Properly done
space conversions should not cause color casts... but that doesn't mean it
doesn't happen.

>I am
>printing with a 1270 and profiled my monitor with Adobe Gamma (on a PC).
>use WiziWYG for my printer and scanner profiles. The only modifcation I
>make
>when I run a print is to lighten the image using levels (0, 1.10, 255)
>or
>the pring comes out a little on the dark side.

So your prints are both dark and green. Not east to know just where to place
the blame...

C. David Tobie
Design Cooperative
CDTobie@designcoop.com
-
**   Tips on Refilling, Refill Kits, Archival Ink, Cartridges, Paper **
**   Order On-Line  http://www.missupply.com  Save $$$$     **
**   MIS ASSOCIATES, INC   800-445-8296   Kits Ship Free!   **