RE: Orange shift, more tests

Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net> writes on 13 June 2000 at 13:47:55 -0400
 > OK then, assuming I don't expose my Espon 1270 prints to direct sunlight,
 > how long can I expect them to survive without showing significant fading?
 > Could it possibly be 9 years for the Premium Glossy and 24-26 years for the
 > Heavyweight matte paper?

Those are the Wilhelm accelerated testing results for those papers
with the 1270, yes.  That's the best data I have access to, so I'd say
it's the way to bet.  *Except* that there are enough reported cases of
problems with that specific ink and paper just now as to suggest
there's a manufacturing quality control problem, a sensitivity to some
environmental pollutant, or *something* going on that makes the real
world already visibly different from the laboratory.
--
Photos: http://dd-b.lighthunters.net/ Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon
Bookworms: http://ouroboros.demesne.com/ SF: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b