Re: Explanation of how Epson printers print

I would be very interested.

thanks,

vicki

At 05:48 PM 6/6/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Would people here be interested in a (somewhat long-winded)
>explanation of how these printers are actually driven from the host?
>Not the actual command set (although I can give people pointers to it,
>and I have scripts and programs to parse ESCP/2 raster output), but an
>explanation of what "softweave" means, and how all the nozzles work
>together.  The explanation (from our source code) is long enough so
>that I don't want to fill people's mailboxes with it if not enough
>people are interested or it's already well-understood here.
>
>The newer printers in particular are actually remarkably unintelligent
>(the older, mostly pre-600 printers actually have more intelligence in
>some ways).  They operate purely under software control.
>
>--
>Robert Krawitz <rlk@alum.mit.edu>      http://www.tiac.net/users/rlk/
>
>Tall Clubs International  --  http://www.tall.org/ or 1-888-IM-TALL-2
>Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@uunet.uu.net
>Project lead for The Gimp Print --  http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net
>
>"Linux doesn't dictate how I work, I dictate how Linux works."
>--Eric Crampton
>-
>*Please* turn off HTML mail features. Keep quoted material short. Use
>accurate subject lines. http://www.leben.com/lists for instructions.

Vicki Ralls

Xaos Gallery
If Order is Life, then Xaos is Art
http://members.home.net/johnralls/chaos.html
*Please* turn off HTML mail features. Keep quoted material short. Use

[Photo]     [Yosemite News]    [Yosemite Photos]    [Scanner]     [Gimp]     [Gimp Users]