Re: Corel Photopaint creates better print output?

At 01:26 PM 2/22/2000 -0500, John Bradbury wrote:
>Using MonacoEZ 1.5  I've made a profile to print on Pictorico Gloss using
>OEM inks, and generally it gives good results however in portraits the
>prints have very healthy skin tones, Some people like it some don't!
>Using the same profile through Corel Photopaint 9 I find I'm getting more
>natural skin tones and especially when I print from a scan of a slide where
>I can compare the output to the original the Photopaint print looks far
>better than the Photoshop
>All this is on Win 95 output to an Epson 1200
>What gives here?

Haven't used PhotoPaint, so I probably don't understand
the problem--how do you apply the profile in PhotoPaint?
Since Win95 doesn't really support color management
at the OS level, presumably this has to be done through
the print process as in Photoshop?  If so, there must
be some difference in how it uses the Epson driver for
printing.  If not, maybe you aren't really printing with the
profile in this case.

Gary Hunt <glh@srv.net>