Re: Epson 1600 scanner - First Impressions

At 07:08 PM 2/22/00 -0500, John wrote:
> I did not compare the Epson [1600] to the Imacon scanner
>because it wouldn't be fair - they're not in the same league.

I, for one, would be interested in just such a comparison.  I don't think
fairness has much to do with it; it would help to place the 1600 in terms of
its quality.  A scan from each at 1600 ppi would be enlightening, especially
with additional scans at, say, 800 ppi as a comparison of the base difference
between the scanners.  If the 1600 was equally distant from the Imacon at both
resolutions, the implications would be much different than if the 1600 was much
closer to the Imacon at 800ppi than at 1600.

Mitch V.