Re: Hassleblad XPAN camera and related scanning question

Rafe, In my case, the negatives will be scanned and printed on my Epson
3000 printer. If the results can make a gorgeous 10x27 inch print, I'll be
very happy. To see the approximate quality of this size file, I scanned
two 35mm negatives Shot on a Canon EOS 1N, at 1600 DPI on my Canon
Scanner, and joined them together in Photoshop. They were Technical Pan
Landscapes. The resulting print was fantastic. As sharp as anything I've
done to date. So if the Epson 1600 DPI Scanner can't do that good, I'll
just return it and  shoot two or three pictures  side by side and join
them in photoshop. I KNOW what the results will be if I do it that way.  A
little less convenient, but doable. And I'll use the full 2700 DPI next
time. (Although I don't see how the print could be any sharper than it
already is.

-