RE: Fixing prints

Try a different paper setting so as to put out less ink.  If that does not
work try drying the prints using a fan to blow air across them

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-epson-inkjet@leben.com
[mailto:owner-epson-inkjet@leben.com]On Behalf Of Steve Davis
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2000 8:35 AM
To: epson-inkjet@leben.com
Subject: Fixing prints

Hi,

I've had a Stylus Colour 600 for a couple of years now and always use the
standard epson inks. One thing I've noticed is that if I want to frame any
of my printouts that have been printed in hi-res (1440 dpi) onto photo
glossy paper they never dry totally.

When they're inserted into the frame you always seem small parts of the
print stick to the frame. I now have to resort to hanging the prints for a
least a week before framing them but I still get tiny little areas sticking.

Can this be resolved with a) different inks b) different paper (i've been
using Xerox photo glossy paper and have just bought some epson photo glossy
paper but haven't had chance to try it yet.) or c) spraying some sort of
fixer  over the picture (similar to what charcoal artists use to fix their
pictures)

I'd be interested to hear of other peoples experiences.

cheers

--
Steve Davis
Systems Engineer, ntl: