From: owner-epson-inkjet@leben.com
[mailto:owner-epson-inkjet@leben.com]On Behalf Of Jim Pearson
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2000 10:47 AM
To: epson-inkjet@leben.com
Subject: Epson 1520 & 3000 question

I work for a small paper in Kentucky and we have a Epson 1520 networked to
our Mac system.

We would like to start offering prints from our digital camera to customers
as this is the only way for them to get a copy of some of the work we
produce. We have done some of this in the past using the Epson paper and
inkset, but after reading the posts over the past few weeks I think we can
do our customers better and so here comes my question.

What ink and paper combination would those of you in this list recommend for
this printer that will produce a glossy print that will last at least as
long as a traditional color print say 15-20 years, but will also keep the
cost of materials down where it would not be too expensive for our readers
to purchase prints (8x10).

Also, if you had to go out tomorrow and purchase a set of inks and paper
combination to produce archival Color & B&W prints from the Epson 3000 from
old photographs from restored originals what would you choose.

I'm not looking for what's coming down the road or slated to be released in
the near future, but now and where it's available for purchase.

Jim Pearson, Photographer
The Messenger Newspaper, jimpearson@the-messenger.com
http://www.the-messenger.com