Re: 1600 scanner and screen resolution

James,

What you see on the screen is just a representation of the file at 72dpi or
whatever your screen resolution is set at. It isn't the actual file since
QuickDraw (sorry, I'm using the Mac as an example) throws out (rhetorically)
the extra pixels in order to display the file at the requested size on the
screen. And it does a nice job for that. By zooming in to 100% you then see
the actually pixels (well....), rather than the approximation. Don't always
go by what you see on the screen.

But don't assume that if you resample to 72dpi that your print will suddenly
be as nice as the screen. It won't.

As to whether the original was soft, or if the Lino scans soft, well, that's
for you to say.

regards,

billy

-