From: owner-epson-inkjet@leben.com
[mailto:owner-epson-inkjet@leben.com]On Behalf Of Gary L. Hunt
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2000 3:01 AM
To: epson-inkjet@leben.com
Subject: Re: 1600 firewire

At 10:02 PM 2/20/2000 -0500, D.A. Saunders wrote:
>Just a quick question:
>is Firewire specifically a Mac "thing"? I have a PC.

No, a very few late-model PCs are available with a
Firewire interface (Sonys, maybe HPs, as I recall),
but the system pretty well has to be designed from
ground up to support it--I don't recall seeing any
plugin cards to add it.  (You couldn't begin to get
the claimed bandwidth of a Firewire bus through
a PCI card.)  It's another one of those "it's coming"
things.

Gary Hunt <glh@srv.net>