From: "Robert Snow" <rssnow@1starnet.com>
To: <epson-inkjet@leben.com>
Subject: Re: 1200 speed problem
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 16:06:12 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: <tboley@emeraldnet.net>
Subject: 1200 speed problem

 > A friend has a new 1200, it pauses at every head pass, images take up to
 > 1/2 hr to print. If she were on a Mac I'd say try upping Epson Monitor
 > 3's memory or freeing up spool disk space for starters. She's on a PC
 > and I'm clueless. Any 1200 PC users have anything I can advise her?
 > Thanks, Tyler

Tyler:

I just read this thread and don't see that anyone suggesting checking her
setup
in the BIOS to be sure that the port is setup for ECP to use a DMA channel.
It
makes all the difference in the world.  If she is using an add-in port, she
needs to check that in the hardware settings (control panel) to be sure that
it
utilizes a DMA channel.  Many of the newer PandP ports don't.

If you or she is not familiar with how to get into the bios settings holler.

bob snow