Re: Spool Disk Conflict?

<x-flowed>Jon,

You are right on about the Adaptec card. I will be contacting Epson
and Adaptec about it but thought I would ask if you had any further
information  such as whether Photoshop, Epson and Adaptec are the
only parties to the conflict. Frankly, I am not ready to get rid of
the Adaptec cards we have installed in nearly every machine here.

DaleH

_____________________________
DaleH asked, Jon responded:

>I have seen this problem several times, always when spooling do drives
>attached to an Adaptec SCSI card.
>
>Eliminating the Adaptec card  solved the problem.
>Jon

Original question:

While printing a moderately sized tiff (35MB) from PS 5.5 to an Epson
3000 using Epson's Stylus (not StylusRIP) driver, I was interrupted
by a simple "Disk Error" message. I had just printed some smaller
images which probably didn't push Photoshop into Scratch Disk Mode,
so on a hunch, I checked to see what I had chosen for the spool space
for the Epson. Sure enough, the primary scratch disk for Photoshop
was the same as the spool disk for Epson. I changed them and was able
to procede.

I've printed larger images with Epson StylusRIP without this problem.

Has anyone else encountered conflicts with scratch/spool disk
assignments printing from Photoshop using Epson Stylus software?

</x-flowed>