Re: Color shifting on b&w photos on the 3000

Jerry. Regarding color shifting/ Your new print does not match the older
print from a couple months ago even with the same inks,paper and driver
settings right?
Well, a couple of us noticed the same thing with MIS quadtone Inks last
summer. We thought is was the paper or the ink. Now I'm thinking that a fresh
print goes through some seasoning or reacting to the paper and after a few
weeks changes to its permanent hue. I myself saw a shift in as little as ten
days that I now really wouldn't say is fading or lack of archivalness just a
change.
I would bet that is what is happening with your prints, and since they are
black and white images you can see the shift easier.
It will be interesting to see if your new prints eventually settle down and
match the older ones. Let me know if this is the case, a couple weeks in open
air should do it. Generations and MIS are both pigmented inks so this could
be interesting if I'am right.
Steve M.