Re: cable problem?

Bruce Roorda wrote:

> Robert Snow, responding to Marie T., wrote:
> > One thing I have come across that bears attention:  if you are using a
> port for
> > Epson printers, you need to be able to set a DMA channel.
>
> Also board should include EPP/ECP in its specifications, to make sure
> printer can talk back to computer.  (No! I won't print that! None of the
> other printers have to print that ....)

Bruce,
Ha ha! This is really funny! I DON'T want these printers
talking back! I'm just leaving this hook-up as I have it
because I can't remember how I managed to get 3 printers, a
zip drive and a scanner all working properly in a 4-way
switch. They all get along like one happy family, as long as
I remember to flip the switch to the right one. I wrote
their names next to ABCD - George, Harry, Myrtle, etc. I use
the old Epson Stylus mostly for nice text. The really old
Epson FX1050 is for drafts copies. The 1200 is on the USB
plug and likes its solitude.

Marie

-