Re: 1200 "Not enough memory..."

From: Gary Robertshaw <groberts@fix.net>

I had a P100 upgraded over 64mb, & there was a definite slowdown in some
applications - Mainly those that didn't use large amounts of memory, but
used it intensively.
Programs like photoshop did not slow, because before this they were swapping
to disk, & even with the 30% performance hit of un-cached RAM, it was still
many times faster than accessing the hard drive.
The problem never affected PII or PIII chips though.

Matthew Taylor