Is there something wrong with my 750?

I just got it, and otherwise love it, but it seems to do gloppy-pixelation
in the brown/tan spectrum.

For instance, if I print [1] the side of the maroon expresso machine has
terrible gloppy-pixelation, as if it can't distinshush between shades of
gray. I know this isn't the best photo (color) but this happens in other
photos as well, for instance, the whole lower half of [2].

[1] http://goatee.net/public/images/1999/1115/15-1369-david-a-color.JPG
[2] http://goatee.net/public/images/1999/1219/porter-david-hand.jpg
Regards,          http://goatee.net/~reagle
Joseph Reagle     E0 D5 B2 05 B6 12 DA 65  BE 4D E3 C1 6A 66 25 4E
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin