RE: Waves in Epson 1200 prints

Great point Gary. I wish I had thought of that; but I didn't. :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-epson-inkjet@leben.com
[mailto:owner-epson-inkjet@leben.com]On Behalf Of Gary L. Hunt
Sent: Saturday, February 12, 2000 7:48 PM
To: epson-inkjet@leben.com
Subject: RE: Waves in Epson 1200 prints

At 03:10 PM 2/12/2000 -0600, bill_pitcher wrote:
>I've just had a paper supplier ( on instructions from the manufacturer)
>suggest I use the "plain paper" setting instead of "photo paper" in order
>cut down on the amount of ink.  I just want to make sure I'm on solid
ground
>before I argue back.

There is also some possible interaction with the printer dpi
settings, in that some settings (e.g. 1440 dpi) may not be
allowable with some media settings (e.g. plain paper.)  This
suggests some other possibilities, namely varying the dpi
settings.  I just finished making some prints on Heavyweight
Matte Paper.  I normally use the 1440 dpi setting for this paper,
but it seemed to result in too much ink in black areas, so I made
this batch of prints using the 720 dpi setting--seemed to reduce
the problem somewhat with minimal effect on the prints otherwise.
(Can't see much difference between 720 and 1440 dpi on matte
papers anyway.)

Gary Hunt <glh@srv.net>