From: owner-epson-inkjet@leben.com [mailto:owner-epson-inkjet@leben.com]On
Behalf Of Bill
Sent: Saturday, February 12, 2000 9:50 AM
To: epson-inkjet@leben.com
Subject: Re: Waves in Epson 1200 prints

> It sound to me as if it is getting too much ink.  Check you paper setting
> see what it is set for to make sure it is set for photo paper; if it is
you
> might want to run a smaller test print with it set to photo glossy paper
> which will cut down on the amount of ink.
In the 1200 print properties box it lists the following media types:
Plain paper
360 dpi ink jet paper
Photo quality ink jet paper
Photo paper
Photo quality glossy film
Ink jet transparencies
Ink jet back light film

My understanding is that as you move down the list, each setting puts down
less and less ink.  Is this correct?  Does anyone have an idea how much of a
change there is from one setting to the next?

I've just had a paper supplier ( on instructions from the manufacturer)
suggest I use the "plain paper" setting instead of "photo paper" in order to
cut down on the amount of ink.  I just want to make sure I'm on solid ground
before I argue back.

Bill
web:    www.thepitchergallery.com
e-mail:  bill_pitcher@thepitchergallery.com