Re: Pam: Which MatchLock product to buy...?

Yes, actually I did. So, in order to possibly make it clear
what the problem is here:

1. I want to do everything, some RGB, some CMYK via
PressReady, some editing (really can't imagine why I'd want
to create profiles from scratch every time I had to make a
small change), softproofing.
2. I want to do this on a Mac.
3. I want to do this for an Epson 3000 (quad tones for the
moment) and a 1200 (color for the moment).
4. I want to do this for any paper and ink I may decide to try.
5. I want to do this with my cheap scanner (don't know if
this matters).
6. I want to use the profiles on several Macs on the network.
7. I really haven't a clue as to what I should be doing.
8. I really don't want to have to pay a small fortune for
this, particularly as one could argue with great vigor that
all this should be standard, provided by the equipment
vendors (John at Weber-Valentine has the right idea here).

See, as nearly as I can tell this is a software developer
problem, speaking as a developer with 30+ years experience.
I've worked with many programmers who were unable to step
back from the code, from the cool stuff, pretend to be a new
user. Or, maybe it's a problem with too much expertise in
the application area, the project manager. And perhaps the
choices are perfectly satisfactory to the more experienced user.

Now it's also highly likely that some combination of your
software packages will manage my needs quite handily, which
is why I asked.

Pam

--
Pamela G. Niedermayer