Re: OT: scanning info for list photographers

Pam, I have scans from the 1200 DPI Saphir Ultra from Rolleiflex
negatives that can make a 16x20 print VERY close to outstanding.
Everybody I show the pictures to think they are great, and very sharp.
But I know they could be a little bit sharper. a scanner with 1600x3200
DPI will make the difference here. And Epson puts out really good
scanners with great optics, so I know I'll be satisfied with the
1600x3200 scans. And since a great deal of my larger format negatives ar
either 6x9 or 4x5, I know this is the scanner I've been waiting for.