Re: Generations ink and Matchlock Profiler

I agree, I have been profiling the Generations ink on a 3000 for about a
week now with MatchLock (but I'm starting with the Photoquality Inkjet
paper since it is less expensive than the Photo paper).  Color looks great
with RGB profiles and the black looks fine in real images (though you can
see it isn't as black as Epson black when you print an artificial step
scale -- seems to be just about as black as the MIS black ink though.  I'll
start on the Epson Photo paper maybe next week.

But even better than RGB profiles, I'm also using the new MatchLock CMYK
profiler which has full CMYK profile controls including total ink limit,
black ink limit, black ink curve, dot gain, and even (here's a nice one)
Undercolor Addition.  Using undercolor addition you can put as much CMY ink
under the black as your paper will hold and get a deep black color, even if
your black ink isn't all that intense - more of an issue on watercolor
paper than glossy paper.   The really great thing about the CMYK profiler
is that it almost exactly mimics the standard Photoshop CMYK setup controls
but does so with scanner based measurments.  For the best of the old world
and the new I don't think it can be beat!!!  I'll bet even Dan Margulis
would like this one (well maybe I'm exagerating a tiny bit on that point).

At any rate, anyone who intends to use a CMYK driver like Press Ready or
the Sundance R9 might want to spring for the MatchLock CMYK profiler.   But
before you make up your mind, just delve into the standard CMYK setup
controls in Photoshop and tweak a few of the ink limit controls and watch
the curves. You can learn a lot about what you can do in CMYK Profiler just
by looking at the interactions between the color curve, black curve, and
ink limits settings.  And it pays to have a bit of experience in using
these prior to starting with CMYK Profiler.

Roger Smith wrote:
snip
I purchased the Horses Matchlock Profiler software and I am now in

-