Re: OT: scanning info for list photographers

Pam:
Do you have the 4x5 equipment already? If so maybe the Better Light
scanning back would be the way to go. It still is going to be expensive.
$15,000.00 for the basic back and hard drive. Probably another 3,000.00
for the MAC laptop and software. But for under $20,000.00 you would have
a piece of equipment that could do 98% of what you are talking about.
Sure there are going to be changes in the equipment over the next couple
of years, but if the equipment will do what you want it to do today does
it really matter if there are improvements in the future.

Explain a little more what you are talking about making films on your
Epson to make negs for platinum prints. Are you making separation negs
using your epson. If so I talked with someone some time ago about a film
that was designed to run through an HP printer and use HP black inks to
make separation negs. for silk screen printing. I looked at the negs and
they were extremely good. I think maybe the product was being handled by
Mile High Engineering.

Jim Davis
mailto:jarthurdavis@earthlink.net