Re: What to buy?

On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Jerry Olson wrote:

> Rafe, you simply have to "lower your standards" just a teensy bit, and
> be satisfied with the 3000! ;). But you may want to wait a few months,
> possibly Epson will replace the 3000.  They will have to sooner or
> later. Perhaps this will be the year. The people who buy your prints
> will NOT notice any difference. Only you, I, or anyone on this list
> would notice the difference, and we are not your customers anyhow.

Actually, a couple of list-folk *are* my
customers.  (For which I'm most grateful, if
they should be reading this.)

Lower my standards?  Never.  ;-)

Odd that in another post, a few minutes ago,
you said, "the 1200 will run CIRCLES around
an 800."  As you know, in terms of print
quality, the 800 and the 3000 are brethren.

It's my lot in life to want exactly those
things I can't have.

rafe b.

-