From: Robert Snow [mailto:rssnow@1starnet.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 23, 2000 7:46 PM
To: epson-inkjet@leben.com
Subject: Re: Question, was The Doorstop Printer

----- Original Message -----
From: jim hayes <jimhayes@jymis.com>

> One person replied to me that the 1200 would print better photo realistic
than
> the 1160. Do others believe this, and hold it to be true for quatone b&w
> printing?
>
> Jim Hayes

Jim:

I would say the 1200 would print 'smoother' gradations.  Smoother doesn't
necessarily 'pop' as much though.  All this talk about the 900 makes me
think of
the 60's when SLR Nikons, Canons, etc., were getting hot.  They had great
lenses
of course, but one could pick out a slide or print done with a Sumicron lens
from even the older RF Leicas in a flash.  There is a certain look...I
finally
decided to call it 'internal contrast'.  The images just popped out.  The
images
were not really more contrasty, but in detail there was just more oomph than
with the newer lenses.  One sees this with the best view camera lenses also.

Now, what will the new 870's pics look like??  Combine 6 inks with 4pl dots
and
you should have something great to look at!

bob snow