Re: Stylus Pro 9000 ( was RIPs (was: ...ejects too soon))

On Sun, 23 Jan 2000 16:47:50 PST, you wrote:
> Hoping I can speed things up without going back to
>the Fiery. Maybe a RIPserver is necessary? Any comments or suggestions? I
>have 128M RAM,if that's significant.

Ed

I think that your 128mb of RAM is insufficent for a 100+mb  file - the
system will definitely be using your hard disk to make up. I esitmate
that to handle that in RAM alone you probably need from 3 times to  5
times the file size plus maybe 40 to 50 mb for operating sytem.

Check your hard disk for a) space b)defragmentation. If possible use a
SCSI hard disk rather than an EIDE this speeds up things seriously. I
had notice a speed increase of 30 to 40% when using PS when I put in a
SCSI 3 hard disk. I suppose I could do even better if I put in a
second SCSI drive and use this as the scratch disk. Alteranative if
you have 2 EDIE hard disk - I do not know if 2 disks on separate EIDE
bus will work similar to the SCSI disks.

rgds

ellery

ellery
Ace Cor Ent. Pte Ltd
Customised mousepad, coaster and fridge magnet makers
Tel 65 291 9939  Fax 65 291 4313