Re: hey Big Gore give it a rest fool

Tomcat,

Ouch, that hoit!

What I'd like is a response from you that didn't need a derogatory remark in
every sentence. You know nothing about me (out of your choice) so I don't
know where you come off trying to sound like you do.

I don't mind that your story has now slightly altered but that's ok. I was
under the misapprehension that you 'made' $65,000, not just got a commission
for the job. Sorry, I was mislead.

Let me make this plain. If someone doesn't agree with you it doesn't follow
that they have limited brain capacity. Au contraire, mon ami, I would place
a bet that I have a bit more in that area than you do. I needn't call you a
fool or a pinhead, you do the job well enough yourself. Anyone need only
read our respective writing to realize who has a better education and would
be better 'networking', which, by the way, doesn't refer as much to actual
business meetings, but the sharing of contacts and meeting new people in the
eventual hope of fostering both personal and business relationships. I
realize that most of my messages must be like 'toilet paper' to you simply
because I use big words. I apologize for that.

I do know what brokering is (albeit I would think that 'broke' would be a
more apt term than 'broker' for you). As far as my contacts, I have worked
and work for a company called Sangetsu in Japan (which is worth over a
billion) designing and customizing a psuedo-3D texturing application
(actually a 2d texture mapping program based on ModaCad's engine) for their
corporate interior design showrooms (not stores) in Osaka and Tokyo
displayed on projection screens, have written print and ad copy for Remco
and Coleco toys as well as other products, done illustration work for
magazines like Billboard and Latina, and consulting for firms like Bill
Blass, Oxford, Chinawear, Southwest Canyon, and others in the fashion area.
I have not needed to work 9 -5  for another company since 1989. I'm sorry
that I do not do banners for sports bars and local merchants. So you give it
a rest. I actually wear your 'criticism' like a badge of honor.

As far as getting a life,I'm happily married (to a woman) have a job that I
love, a loving family (unfortunately no kids, my wife can't have them), and
friends who aren't sycophants. I travel quite a bit, and have a normal life
outside of my computer. But thank you for your concern.

The amazing thing is that I once respected you for the help you gave others
on this list. This was before your overcompensating braggadocio (I'm sure
that you know now what that means and you can copy my spelling) and bullying
started. I don't want to keep doing this on the list, although I know that
you have my address on your growing 'delete' list, and I don't intend to
follow up on any childish responses from you, so you can get back to your
normal twittery and fantasies.

I apologize to any who have, rightfully, felt that this is not the province
of Mitch's list. It isn't. But I feel neither name calling or derogatory
(and unsubstantiated) remarks and bullying are not called for either. I
don't mind if TomCat calls me a pinhead, brainless, a dummy or whatever.
After all, the old rhyme goes, "Sticks and stones will break my bones, but
names will never harm me". As I said before, the point was that you don't
have to have a grasp of the English language, much of the world doesn't
speak or spell English and get along fine. And I get along fine.

But, getting away from my previous remarks, I do mean it sincerely when I
say that perhaps you should seek some professional help. Stepping back from
the personal aspect, I do think that you have some deep seated problems that
obscure the side of you that one would think would be the one you would most
profit by showing. There is nothing wrong with seeing someone. I have gone
to psychotherapy in the past and have no problem using the help when I feel
it's needed. I take an anti-depressive drug Wellbutrin, so you can see that
I'm willing to share this personal information in the hope that you might
realize that I mean it out of compassion rather than hatred. Recognizing
that there is no stigma, after all the saying goes, "Depression is a defect
in chemistry, not character". I know that you have a lot of hatred built up
inside, and, as I've said, it obscures your better nature. I'm more than
willing to extend my hand, forgive any perceived insults in the past, even
offer apologies if that would help you. I realize that you don't see me as a
friend, I'm not. But it is better to make a friend than an enemy, to help
rather than hurt.

I do not think that you would, in any way, actually see what I've said in a
positive manner. I don't blame you. But I will say that I am not going to
continue this thread since I'd rather read Epson-related matter rather than
this chatter. I have tried to get through to you privately but we know what
happened there. Again, please try to refrain from name-calling, it only
lessens you as an individual. I only want you to succeed, as I want everyone
on the list to do so. But remember that success, in the long run, can also
be measured by friendship and the help of those in need of help. I get a lot
more satisfaction from my work with charities and MS patients than I do in
getting financial rewards. I know that you must feel the same when someone
writes you that they have appreciated the sharing of your knowledge. But, as
the book says, "The best form of charity is the one given without thought of
recognition or reward". Don't dilute the good message. The truth is out
there.

Regards,

Bill "Mr. Pinhead" Gore

-