Re: New epson 3000 paper ejects too soon

Turns out I wrote it a bit wrong, Bill, was incomplete in
the description. A RIP's traditional job is to translate
vector to raster (not raster to vector), but now many use
RIP processes to output raster to raster. Thanks to Richard
Ball, who emailed me with the correction.

This is real confusing, as normally I am concerned about
using RIP's only when printing Postscript fonts on bitmap
printers; and was thinking of getting smooth fonts from
Photoshop rather than the basic processes. There's a little
RIP in many drivers for output devices such as monitors,
printers, film recorders maybe.

Pam