Re: Nozzle check trouble, first cart of Generations ink

<x-flowed>
>Believe me, this advice was hard to swallow.
>In this day and age, we're not accustomed to
>waiting for *anything.*
>
>I sincerely hope this does the trick for you...
>
>Like I said, I never had to do that with the
>Epson carts.  Ever.

If you had to do it with the epson carts epson would be out of business.

You can never come close to the quality of a manufactured product without
the same machinery, working by hand. Can you cut an epson print so
accurately and correctly as a magazine paper is cutted? can you paint your
car with a spray and have the same shine and flawless lustre a specialized
machine can? No. Same with refilling. Can you be absolutely sure that by
the time you inserted the refilled cart. in the printer, *there was not air
pumped into the nozzles*?

When you insert the epson cart. into the printer, not only there is a lot
of ink just above the thin plastic sealing film but also there is not a
trace of air there. The exact moment the spikes enter the cartridge, no air
gets in.
Can you do the same? If not, air will go into the printhead. It is a very
simple fact and no matter how frustrated you are or how many spells you
cast, the facts remain.

(I'm presuming a perfectly refilled cartridge here, with no foam etc. )

If you can manage a method  that works as effectively as the epson
manufactured product, that is insert cartridge, and print, share it with us:)

I'm not saying that it is impossible. Chinese and compatible cartridges
work (the *quality* of the ink is an other matter, we are commenting on the
refilling here). At least the cheap chinese carts I bought (black ink only)
are indistinguishable in their behaviour from the epson ones.

Sergios.
Alternative Factor: Science fiction in Greece at http://www.altfactor.gr

-

</x-flowed>