RE: OT: scanning info for list photographers

<x-flowed>David Dyer-Bennet

>Just last night I printed an 11x17 on my Epson 1200 for the first
>time.  I scanned the image from Ektar 25 film on my Nikon Ls-2000, and
>I had printed it at 11x17 previously on an HP printer.  It looks
>pretty darned nice on the Epson, too.
>
>I know at least one photographer who won't enlarge 35mm above 5x7.  I
>think that's excessive.  I go to 11x14 pretty happily -- but you
>definitely see grain sometimes.  Doesn't harm most images.  Also,
>prints above 8x10 are often viewed from farther away than smaller
>prints, which helps :-) .
>
>Now, if only I'd remembered to order 12x18 paper instead; oh well,
>only 25 sheets, and I'll correct next time.  (Or 13x19, but there
>seems to be quite a price break for staying at 12x18 or below!).

   Which HP do you use?

Regards

                   Mike

           ___ /^^[___              _  N0AGG ICQ# 4471401
        ( -+ |____|    ______-----+/ Maplewood, MN USA
           ~_|___|__      slickrotorwash@earthlink.net
                          ð Mac OS 9 Powered Rotorcraft
<http://home.earthlink.net/~slickrotorwash/>[updated 25 Dec 99]