OT- Tomcat a Pinhead?

Dear List,

I'm sorry to post the following but feel that few wish to 'rock the boat' to
defend others from unwarranted attacks by Mr. Morris.  I, for one, wish that
he were saner and feel a little uneasy criticizing someone who appears to be
a missing a little in the brain area.

Still, it's interesting to note that after I posted that defense of Pam N.
(who actually was defending Mr. Morris) not one person rose to defend that
fellow's bad attitude and boorishness. In fact, I've received a number of
private messages that congratulated me on the messge, not that I was looking
for that.

-------------------------------
(Hmmm, some quotes:

"I saw you post to Pam re: TomCat and agree that
TomCat is an ill-tempered buffoon.  Pam took
it well, I think."

"What did you put in your Dr. Pepper to inspire the TomCat rant?
Keep up the entertainment!"

"LOL, I am sitting here just about literally falling off my chair laughing.
:)...TomCat is full of it, will only produce vaporware, and can't handle
criticism...I have an incredibly hard time
getting by the horrendous spelling, and wacked out grammar, not to mention
lack of punctuation and just about anything else most people would require
to make one's writing reasonably clear.  Smoke and mirrors....that's TomCat
to me in a nutshell.  About the only thing I found useful from him before I
stopped reading his drivel was the windex tip to unclog print heads."

"It's amazing that no one actually took that guy to task! Thanks."

-------------------------------

Now Pat Street's little missive over grammar (not 'grammer', dear TomCat)
and spelling provoked the opposite response than she or anyone in their
right mind would have expected.

The truth of the matter (not 'mat' or 'matte') is that, besides the little
refilling help that he's given on this list, he remains a self-centered,
poorly educated person with bad people skills. And, the fact is that most of
the information that he's 'discovered' was covered by others. He's just
taken things a step further...in more ways than one.

He now reveals himself as not the immature boy that many had thought, but a
reactionary, bragging, self-important person who has delusions of grandeur.
How many times does he constantly have to tell us of the money he's making
from his little banners? Every post? How many times do we have to hear what
passes for a response but is actually just childish name calling? Pinhead,
braindead, etc. I shudder to think that the names are just a substitute for
violence since intellectual arguments have no appeal to him. To me this
reeks of someone who needs to compensate for his own shortcomings. $20,000 a
gallon inks, 1520 does it again...boring, as I said before.

I don't begrudge TomCat making money doing anything. I welcome the honest
help he's given (although not in the tone given). Personally, I don't
believe much of what he says. I guess being fired from his defense job gives
him an axe to grind. And he resents when anyone makes a reference to his
lack of education. Hey, that never stopped anyone in this country from doing
well. I know a lot of creative people who are doing nicely despite other
problems...they have talent and that's what matters most. But then again, I
don't feel that pushing a button on a computer to print a banner as being
that creative unless you have a hand in the design...and I'm not talking
about adding clipart.

So what if he hates liberals, no problem. My brothers are conservative,
albeit more educated than TMorris. So what if he hates the Macintosh. Not a
problem. He makes money making banners. More power to him. I wish him the
best. And he adds something to this list. Don't want to see him go.

I guess that I can defend him on those grounds. But I find defenseless his
constant crowing, name-calling and vicious attacks on members of this list
including Pam N. and Pat S. What is it, does he hate women also? I guess by
saying that he'll now have to compensate with constant revelations of his
female conquests, which, one would assume happens with the regularity of his
famous printing jobs and cartridge refills. Hmmm, with all the time he
spends on the list, in his chat rooms, refilling carts, and printing banners
for local sports bars when does he have time for anything else?

But remember, he's an 'idea' guy so that makes it ok to demean people with
'ordinary' jobs like the proofreader, businessman, etc. But the truth is
that he equates money with arrogance when that need not, in fact, should not
be the case. TomCat, I make a lot more money than you do, and live a lot
better but that doesn't give me the right to demean others. Au contraire, I
believe in the dignity of man, a concept probably foreign to you. Call me a
brainless pinhead or some other 'sticks and stones' word. I'll wear it like
a badge of honor. I don't need to skulk around, using phony AOL accounts to
send vicious private email.

If any would like to defend his egotistical nature, his vicious personal
attacks, or even his use of the third person to describe himself, please go
ahead. Hey, look at what happened when others tried to defend his lack of
education...they were attacked by the person they sought to defend. But
unlike TC, I do believe in free speech...but it doesn't give immunity to
saying what I feel is right.

In closing let me just mention that I bear no jealousy towards Mr. Morris
for his wonderful good fortune that he reminds us of every day. I know he
looks forward to regaining his once proud foothold in the defense
department. Good luck to him. I just think that there are a lot of others on
the list who have given more freely, with a more open hand ("i give some of
my secrets but not all" to paraphrase him) and heart. I flatter myself that
some I can call friends. Sadly, I must forsake Mr. Morris' friendship since
he doesn't like 'dummies'.

my regards,

bill gore

-