re: Networking an 870

I haven't tried this, but couldn't the scanner work attached to the older
Mac if program linking was turned on? One could use Photoshop in the
older Mac then save the file either on the older computer and transfer it
over, or save to the G4 directly. If someone wants to disabuse me of this
quaint notion, I'm open to corrections.

John

pam niedermayer <pam_pin-@cape.com> wrote:
original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/epson-inkjet/?start=42084

> The easiest way is also the most expensive. Get a small hub,
> get ethernet adapter for the printer, make a little ethernet
> network, piece of cake.
>
> You probably won't be able to share the scanner. As I recall
> this is the very old one that's SCSI based, so you'll have
> to either buy a SCSI card for the G4 or attach it to the
> 200; but there's nothing there to share, so regular file
> sharing won't do the job. You could buy Timbuktu, one
> license for each Mac, then control either from the other.
>
> This could also be used for the printer, but is slower and
> more hassle than just using Printer Share, which you set up
> by installing the printer on one Mac, on which you also turn
> on Printer Share, comes with the OS.
> --
> Pamela G. Niedermayer
> Pinehill Softworks Inc.
> 1221 S. Congress Ave., #1225
> Austin, TX 78704
> 512-416-1141
> 512-416-1440 fax
> http://www.pinehill.com
> -
> Please turn off HTML mail features. Keep quoted material short. Use
> accurate subject lines. http://www.leben.com/lists for instructions.

John Lasruk
Toronto Canada