|[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]|
At 03:14 PM 1/18/2000 -0500, Kristin Wheeler wrote: >Why never plug into surge strip? I don't believe there is any harm in the surge strip itself (I've always had my EX plugged into a surge-protected outlet), but most power strips have an on/off switch on them, and people frequently use this as an easy way to turn equipment on and off. If you remove the power to an inkjet printer externally (by switching the power strip off) while the printer is turned on, it won't get to shut down properly. (For example, it may not park the printhead in the right place, which could lead to clogged nozzles etc.) So it should always be turned off and on using the button on the printer. Gary Hunt <email@example.com> - Please turn off HTML mail features. Keep quoted material short. Use accurate subject lines. http://www.leben.com/lists for instructions.
[Photo] [Yosemite News] [Yosemite Photos] [Scanner] [Gimp] [Gimp] Users