Re: Surge strip?

At 03:14 PM 1/18/2000 -0500, Kristin Wheeler wrote:
>Why never plug into surge strip?

I don't believe there is any harm in the surge strip itself
(I've always had my EX plugged into a surge-protected
outlet), but most power strips have an on/off switch on
them, and people frequently use this as an easy way
to turn equipment on and off.

If you remove the power to an inkjet printer externally
(by switching the power strip off) while the printer is turned
on, it won't get to shut down properly.  (For example, it
may not park the printhead in the right place, which
could lead to clogged nozzles etc.)  So it should always
be turned off and on using the button on the printer.

Gary Hunt <glh@srv.net>