portrait on EX?

I can't seem to get my 8.5 X 11 Quark and PageMaker files with printer's
marks to print with portrait orientation (tall) on tabloid paper on my
Stylus EX. No matter what I do, it always prints landscape with half the
page cut off. This is especially frustrating since I bought the EX mainly to
do full-sized soft proofs. Anyone have a suggestion?

Mark B