Re: millennium liquid laminate

David:
In your rush to judgment your completely missed the jest of my post.

What I said was there needs to be a well documented protocol for all
interested parties who want to test their own products. They would set
up their testing using ANSI standards. They would then test and publish
their results. These results could be verified by anyone who adheres to
the same protocols.

That way if Wilhelm said a paper/ink and whatever tested such and such
you could set up the same test in your lab and run the tests. You would
either get the same results or you would not.

My brother owns a large machine shop. They do government work. The
government said the the parts they produce have to meet certain specs.
It is the responsibility of my brother to set up his own testing lab to
make sure those parts meet the specs. that have been set down. The
people who get the parts then randomly test these parts to see if they
meet their requirements.

It has to be the same in our industry. ANSI sets the standards and those
mfg. wanting to play the game would be required to meet those specs. At
random a third party test lab could be testing the results that the
companies say they meet. If they don't then they go into the shredder.

You can not have only one or two companies dictating their results to
the whole industry without anyone being able to verify their results. It
is absolutely insane, but we all seem willing to accept it.

Come on people get real and demand better oversight, or doesn't any
care?

Jim Davis
mailto:jarthurdavis@earthlink.net