750 cleaning cycles

Is there any way to stop a 750 doing a head cleaning cycle every time I
switch it on ?
This thing is using up more ink to clean it's heads, surely mostly
unnecessarily, than I am getting ink on paper!  I don't print every day.

And as an addendum to the above an experiment with unlatching the cart and
relatching has revealed that I can get quite a few more A4 prints from a
supposedly empty cart - so is there any problem in running until one color
ink runs out ?

I'm not into filling these small carts - from your comments it seems more
trouble than it is worth - but I do want the maximum out of my OEM carts.,
the price of which here in England is a minimum of £11.74 = about $18.50 for
color.