Re: PS5 Gamma Problem

<x-flowed>
> >I am trying to follow this post but cannot figure out what BPC is.  Is
> >this a PS setting?
>
>Black Point Compensation is a conversion setting that maps the black in one
>space to the black in another. When to use or not use it is an open
>question...

when once I received a bunch of untagged high res .jpg files for printing,
I converted them on opening from: sRGB to:Adobe rgb, perceptual and
all.  The ones I converted with BPC on, while they looked good on the
screen, with a decent black point and in the histogram too, printed without
a real black, darkest tone was a deep brown/gray.
I left BPC off for the rest and they printed fine with real blacks.

Sergios.
Alternative Factor: Science fiction in Greece at http://www.altfactor.gr

</x-flowed>