Re: Gray's (Ink Cart) Anatomy

<x-flowed>>Try to estimate the "yield", or the percent of the ink that actually
>gets used on worthwhile printing - - after all the purging, testing,
>machinations, etc, Might even throw in the yield loss due to
>profiling tune ups, rejects, etc. Then, devide this number - as a
>fraction - into the "as delivered" cost of the ink. And the number
>is      ?   And your conclusion is      ?

What we need is softproofing software - done by Adobe, and
sophisticated ICC profiles - done by the paper companies (so we will
use their papers) so we can get back to business producing artwork,
or useful prints. Time is money. Ink loss is money loss.

Gotta also remember that - today I can go out and get, in one week
lapse time, outstanding custom (meaning burning and dodging,
cropping, etc) 8 X 12 prints, conventional chemical enlargements,
done by a skilled professional, for just $4. $4! They are beautiful,
full range of blues and purples, greens, yellows, jet black glossy
blacks, no grain, no skin tone speculations, full gamut of colors,
etc. This really is the competition for 35mm photography. Large
format, different story. But you get the picture.

It took 10 years before you could purchase serious hi-fidelity audio
equipment, as a turnkey set. Before that you had to
"build-it-yourself", this enclosure, that woofer, this tweeter, that
transistor. Sort of where color printing is today. But its getting
better . . . .

-
**   Tips on Refilling, Refill Kits, Archival Ink, Cartridges, Paper **
**   Order On-Line  http://www.missupply.com  Save $$$$     **
**   MIS ASSOCIATES, INC   800-445-8296   Kits Ship Free!   **

</x-flowed>