Success w/Archiva & Wizi

Good news for a change!  :-)

Last night's woes simply needed time to
even themselves out.  There's a lesson
there, no doubt.  Sergios had the right
idea.  Kick back, do something else for
a while.  Give it a rest.  Thanks to all
who offered suggestions, especially Ben
Haskell, and a tip of the hat to John
Nollendorfs who suggested this ink in the
first place.  I'm not home-free, but
good progress has been made.  (Mostly,
I'm *very* relieved that my printer's
not dead...)

This morning's initial prints with my first
working batch of Archiva ink, sans profiles,
were less than optimal.  Everything was a bit
pale and washed out; blacks were a dark
purple-gray.  Yecch.

Wiziwyg to the rescue!  I'm really impressed
with how well it handled this mess.  I still
have the cyan-sky problem, but I know the fix
for that, un-PC as it may be.  With Wizi,
my prints so far are hard to distinguish
from those with Epson OEM ink.

I'm a happy camper.  This is really the
culmination of what I've been striving
for...  Thanks again to all who've helped --
even if by only by listening kindly to my rants.

rafe b.