Re: Refill Woes. Sob. Sniff.

Rafe:  Once again, for the 4th time, actually, I say: Forget third party
inks for any epson printer except the 3000. IT AIN'T WORTH THE HASSLE!
The colors are NEVER as good as the Epson inks. None of the epson
oem/compatible colors can even come close to printing a gray scale
without crossover, and they usually print the colors way too red. Stick
with the Epson inks, and get them at Buycomp.com or some other place
that sells them inexpensively.

Maybe when someone finds a good price on a certain epson cartridge from
buycomp. they could post it here. They change the prices weekly at
least. Sometimes they are nearly as cheap as the imitators. (Which all
seem to be made in China, by the way).

Jerry

I say this because I have actually tried the many epson cheapies and
they were terrible. Totally unacceptable! and I just tried to refill a
black cartridge for the 1200 with Generations Inks. (This is a great
ink, not to be confused with MIS, WE ink, or even Media Street's
oem/compatibles!). IT was a total disaster, just like you experienced.
It looked so easy, according to the directions. It wasn't, and didn't
work. FAGETTABOUTIT!