Re: Paper Economy: Pre-cut vs. You-Cut

I have not done this with 'photo-quality' paper since I use art paper.  HOWEVER, when I started buying watercolor paper in larger sizes I realized one benefit I had NOT thought of, and which I think is major.  I now can make my paper in sizes to suit my images/uses.  As a 35mm [mostly] photographer, I had become so used to the standard photo-paper sizes, that I stopped thinking 'outside the box.'  Now I make my own paper conform, for example, to the 35mm size ratio, which is 1x1.5.  Since my printer won't print wider than 8 inches, but accepts paper up to 9.5 inches wide, I can make sheets that are 9.5 x 14.25, a format that much better conforms to the image proportions.  Of course, with watercolor paper, I don't cut it, but tear it.

I know this does not go directly to the issue of cost, but....

chris

-