Re: 9000 archivals

In a message dated 1/13/00 10:00:34 PM, mikelee@mail.metaphor.net writes:

>Have a client that just bought an Epson 9000 from us, that is a Photo Lab,
>looking for archival inks and media.
>
>They currently are looking at using the Lyson archival inks (but if you've
>got others that you'd recommend, he's open), and are looking for a
>watercolor paper, canvas, and photo glossy that would be suitable for
>archival (30 yrs+) purposes.
>
>Anyone currently using the 9000 in that regard, that can make any
>suggestions/recommendations?

The Lyson Fotonics or Luminous Silvers look great on a variety of papers with
the 9000. The only issue I would be concerned about is that they bleed at
fairly low total ink levels, and 6 color machines use more ink, thus greater
likelihood of bleeding.  If they are printing from the RGB drivers this is
less likely to be an issue that from a CMYK RIP.

C. David Tobie
Design Cooperative
CDTobie@designcoop.com