Re: ICM file conversion

John Goerger wrote:

> Michael Brakke wrote:
> >
> > Having received from the generous William Wood his EP1200 WiziWYG
> > printer profile I find that it is in Windows format with the suffix  *
> > .icm  * (International Color Matching)
> >
> > I know there are tags embedded within specifying platform etc., and
> > since I use a Mac I am hoping that someone knows how to convert this
> > file format to a Mac compatible version. I usually use Data Viz for such
> > cross platform conversions but I do not know what kind of text file *
> > .icm  * should be converted to.
> >
> > Anyone know about this? Thanks in advance for your help.
> >
> > Michael Brakke
> > University Tennessee
> > -
> > Turn off HTML mail features. Keep quoted material short. Use accurate
> > subject lines. http://www.leben.com/lists for list instructions.
>
> The way I understand it, all you have to do is change the suffix to icc.
> That is what I  was told by the person I am working with at Praxisoft.
> The profile is just a plain old asci text file, so it should read the
> same on any platform.
> --
Sorry, for the miss-information. It was just pointed out to me, and
after reading my notes, I see it is correct, that I was wrong about
this. It is very easy to go from icc to icm, just change the suffix.
However, there is more to going from icm to icc. I don't know enough
about this yet to comment, other than to say they are both plain ascii,
text files.
Once again, sorry for the false info.
--
John Goerger